Tonight: Fashion’s Night Out 2012!
Georgetown will once again be the place to be on Fashion’s Night Out in Washington, DC, with more than 100 ways to shop, play and dance on Thursday, September 6, 2012from 6-11pm.
From a pop-up disco outdoor dance floor to a stylish shopper’s lounge, to designer trunk shows and community red carpets where everyone can be a star, FNO Georgetown offers over 100 ways to shop, play, celebrate style…and get your groove on!
Here are several new and exciting additions to FNO Georgetown this year:
- Pre-FNO Clothing Drive: On the two weekends before Sept. 6th, BrightestYoungThings and Goodwill DC will hold a clothing drive with drop-off locations at participating Georgetown retailers. Clean out your closet to make way for purchases on Fashion’s Night Out! For a list of retailer locations, please visit thewww.FNOGeorgetownDC.com website.
- Everyone’s a Star: Walk the red carpet and get your photo taken at 4 Georgetown red carpet spots brought to you by FLOR Inc.: Cady’s Alley, 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and the Dean & DeLuca/BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street.
- FNO is Musical: From ESL Music DJs and Fatback DJs at the Dean & DeLuca lounge to an outdoor pop-up disco dance floor with rotating DJ sets by Fatback at the PNC Bank lot, there’s no denying the local musical talent in DC, and the natural pairing of a night of fashion with a night of music.
- BYT Lounge Takeover: Guests can entertain and be entertained as BrightestYoungThings brings a slice of their ever-creative fun to the Dean and DeLuca patio lounge from 7:30-11pm, fresh with Fatback DJs spinning all night.
- Signature FNO Cocktails: A party isn’t complete without cocktails, and several Georgetown restaurants will each create a signature FNO cocktail with fashion-worthy names, like Bandolero’s The Devil Wears Prada and Morton’s The Steakhouse’s Black Tie cocktail.
- Pedicabs are Back! FNO Georgetown will offer free pedicab rides from 7pm-10pm to events throughout the neighborhood and popular car ride service Uber will offer specials too.
- 100 Stars: The real stars of Fashion’s Night Out are the stores, restaurants and salons who will be hosting fun, creative events throughout the neighborhood. In-store events will range from a DC Scout styling + shopping party at CUSP, complimentary facials at Kiehl’s, an Instagram Style contest at BCBG Georgetown, blowouts + a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon and more.
- FNO is Charitable: This year, FNO Georgetown is proud to partner with Vital Voices Global Partnership, the evening’s designated beneficiary for the sale of FNO Georgetown t-shirts and tote bags. Vital Voicesis a DC-based charity that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.
Sign up for www.Uber.com private car service today with promo code FNO2012 and you’ll receive an exclusive $15 off your first ride-ensuring you arrive in style for Georgetown’s most fashionable evening.
For exclusive updates on Fashion’s Night Out Georgetown details and events, please visit our website atwww.FNOGeorgetownDC.com, Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashions-Night-Out-Georgetown-DC, and Twitter at www.twitter.com/fnogeorgetown.
FNO Georgetown is produced and hosted by the Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID) in conjunction with local sponsors Capitol File magazine, BrightestYoungThings.com, The Washington Post’s DC Scout and Capital Party Rentals.