FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jessica Zachar
Linda Roth Associates, Inc.
Phone: (701) 417-2701
Eat, Drink and Do Sum-thing!
Ping Pong Dim Sum Hosts its Grand Opening Party in Dupont Circle
What: To celebrate the opening of the new Dupont Circle location, Ping Pong Dim Sum invites you to down some dim sum and drinks! Indulge in Ping Pong’s signature premium cocktails and specialized dim sum while battling DJs spin the beats.
About: Serving “Chinese with a twist,” Ping Pong introduces an innovative take on traditional dim sum. With the success of their Chinatown location, Ping Pong is bringing their unique and contemporary concept to the Dupont Circle neighborhood. What better way to say hello to the neighborhood than by dishing out their specialty cocktails and dim sum to share!
Where: Ping Pong Dupont
1 Dupont Circle NW
Washington, DC 20036
When: Thursday, September 15, 2011
7pm – 11pm
Cost: $35 per person, includes open bar and passed hors d’oeuvres
$10 valet available
Open to the public. Guests can purchase tickets at http://pingpongdupont.eventbrite.com/
High-profile delegates expected to participate in the Summit include Malaysian First Lady, Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor; Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Higher Education, Dr. Suaad Fahad Al-Harthi; Washington, D.C. Police Chief, Cathy Lanier; India’s Dr. Kiran Bedi; Mary Jane Alvero-Al Mahdi, CEO of Geo Testing Laboratory of the U.A.E., BBC Guest-Broadcaster & Gulf News Columnist, Carole Spiers – to name but a few.
The Global Woman Summit is an educational, three-day program of exciting events, uniting and honoring leading women from around the world, by highlighting common bonds and discussing the cultural differences that identify us, both of which strengthen our voice in business, politics, local government and the professions – in national and international circles.
The three-day Global Woman Summit will bring together nearly a thousand women of many nationalities, religions, race and age, and will conclude with an Awards Ceremony, where nominated Delegates will be honored for their work in their respective fields and communities.
Meet and listen to world leaders, diplomats and experts plus your opportunity to network with eminent women from diverse occupations. Leave having gained greater insight and increased knowledge of women who regularly break the glass ceiling.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you as a Delegate to the most important and exclusive conference, for business and professional women, ever to be held in Washington DC.
Washington DC (July 7th, 2011) – The “greening” of professional sports has grown throughout the United States over the last few years. This effort can be attributed to the expertise and supervision of Allen Hershkowitz and the NRDC with professional sports leagues. Mr. Hershchowitz , senior scientist at NRDC, has aligned with the NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB AND USTA in creating sustainable, environmentally sound and responsible stadiums and events all over the country. Now Mr. Hershkowitz has brought his experience to work with the Green Cup series at the Capital Polo Club.
The alliance between NRDC and Green Cup is a natural symmetry. Dr Robert T. Do is a pioneer and catalyst in promoting renewable and sustainable energy. As Founder and Chairman of Solena Fuels, Dr. Robert Do led the development of greening the aviation and marine transport industry by being the first company in the world to provide sustainable BioJetFuel and BioMarineFuel from Biomass for the largest transport companies both in Europe and the US such as British Airways, Lufthansa, Qantas, American Airlines, United Airlines and MAERSK. Being an avid polo player and a co-founder of the Capitol Polo Club in Washington DC, Dr. Robert Do took his passion for the environment and created Green Cup Polo in 2007 in order to raise awareness and funds for various environmental non-profits and produce a sustainable, responsible and eco friendly polo tournament. He has been very successful in raising funds through the Green Cup Polo series for various non-profits including ACORE, Earth Echo, and Global Green over the last four years.
“More than 150 million Americans – half our population – regularly follow professional sports,” stated Mr. Hershkowitz. So, the importance of having effective greening efforts is critical to the global footprint organized sports makes not only here in the states, but abroad as well. Polo has an international following unprecedented to any other sport. The impact of Polo’s carbon footprint is something that is very important to the polo community, with Dr. Robert Do leading the “green way”.
In addition to the Green Cup Polo tournament on September 17th 2011, NRDC will also be the benefactor of Green Cup Eco Gala, which will be held September 15th 2011 at L2 lounge kicking of the Green Cup weekend. The Gala will be a black tie and boots evening of music, auctions, fashion and an opportunity to meet the VIPs, sponsors and Polo players. The profits from this auction will go to the NRDC. The GC Eco Gala fashion show will feature eco-friendly designers with “eco conscious couture” which will be auctioned off on line by the prestigious Charity Buzz online auction house. This will be Green Cup’s first Eco Gala and having NRDC as Green Cup’s global beneficiary.
These efforts between NRDC and Green Cup will not only change the sport of Polo for the better but will use this fantastic spectator sport to raise awareness on the global climate change issue, clean renewable energy and dwindling natural resources.
Green Cup was started in 2007 by Dr Robert Do in an effort to raise awareness and funds to the sport of polo and eco friendly organizations. The Green Cup will be launching into 2011 with massive growth and support from Embassies, State and Federal Government Agencies, NGOs, Ambassadors, Senators, Congressman and now the NRDC. http://www.greencuppolo.com
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is an international nonprofit environmental organization with more than 1.3 million members and online activists. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world’s natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC has offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Livingston, Montana, and Beijing. Visit us at http://www.nrdc.org
- Shop for a cause – purchase a $10 signature Georgetown DC eco-friendly tote bag and $15 t-shirt from participating stores or at the BYT Lounge at Dean & DeLuca. 100% of proceeds benefit Labels for Love. Labels for Love is committed to raising funds and awareness for women’s and children’s organizations in the Washington, DC Capital Region as well as national and international areas in need.
- Shop and Ride – Enjoy free (and stylish) pedicab rides when you show a receipt from any purchase from a participating Georgetown merchant during this exciting evening.
- Look for the FNO Georgetown Hot Air Balloon hovering high above the neighborhood, signaling that Georgetown is the place to be for the evening. Be on the lookout for roaming dancers rockin’ the streets of Georgetown and the FNO Fashion Flash Mob at the PNC Bank parking lot (at M St. and Wisconsin Avenue) at 7 p.m. – feel free to join in!
- Watch 50 lucky couples compete for their dream wedding at the “Get Hitched in Georgetown” competition. Couples will compete to win the ultimate Georgetown wedding package compliments of 20 Georgetown merchants – including a designer wedding gown, tiered cake, five-star wedding suite, invitations and even a waterfront reception – in what will be an unforgettable showdown. Couples will compete in several entertaining, must-watch activities in the TD Bank lot (1611 Wisconsin Avenue) at 8:30 p.m.
- Dance, sip and refuel between fashion events at the swanky BYT Lounge at Dean & DeLuca ~ a comfy (and chic) place to rest your weary feet. Brightest Young Things is hosting this funky and fashionable lounge complete with wine tastings, “flower power” accessory making and an FNO photo shoot wall for glam photo ops. 6 -11 pm Dean & DeLuca 3267 M Street, NW.
- Grab a Washington Post DC Scout “Scout Book” – your ultimate guide to Georgetown’s scouted boutiques. Books will be distributed throughout Georgetown. Visit DC Scout’s participating stores for special gifts with purchases and other exciting promotions.
- Step into the FotoDC FNO FotoBooth for a snapshot and see your 10’x14’ portrait projected onto the PNC Bank building and enjoy a free take away photo.
- Refuel, refresh and recharge at select smartwater hydration spots, including Ilo Salon, PNC Bank lot, pedicab pickup stops and other retail sites throughout Georgetown.