Join the National Women’s History Museum for the Third Annual de Pizan Honors, an event paying tribute to women from the past and present. The event will take place on October 9, 2013 at the The Mead Center for American Theater, Arena Stage, in Washington, D.C.
The Honorable Elizabeth Dole and Mrs. Lynda Bird Johnson Robb are the Hononorary Chairs of the event. The esteemed honorees for the evening are:
- Denyce Graves-Montgomery will receive the Marian Anderson Living Legacy Award
- The Honorable Sally Jewell will receive the Rachael Carson Living Legacy Award
- Dr. Etta Pisano will receive the Dr. Helen Taussig Living Legacy Award
- Phylicia Rashad will receive the Lena Horne Living Legacy Award
- Ken Burns will receive the Henry Blackwell Award (video acceptance)
The de Pizan Honors stand apart from the hundreds of events that honor women—the lives and contributions of the recipients will have a permanent presence, exhibited within the future National Women’s History Museum, at the National Mall in Washington, DC. In the interim, while working to get legislation passed that would allow NWHM to build a physical museum, the Honorees are showcased on the NWHM website.
The VIP ticket holders and Sponsors will enjoy a private reception from 5:30pm to 7pm. There will be a general reception from 6:15 to 7pm when the silent auction is opened up to all ticket holders. The Honors ceremony will begin at 7pm. For more details on the event, the Honors and the Museum please visit the website at nwhm.org.