Back in the swing of things, DC is hitting the post-holidays with plenty of exciting events this week:
Washington Winter Show
The Washington Winter Show is DC’s answer to the Antiques Road Show, with lectures, luncheons, three floors of exhibitor booths, and the opportunity to have your favorite antique appraised!
$20 General admission tickets can be used throughout the weekend, and include an invitation to Saturday’s “Jazz Night” (6pm-8pm), with smooth sounds from the Levine School of Music Faulty Jazz Band and barbeque from award-winning Rockland’s Barbeque and Grilling Company. For an additional $40, enjoy a Bourbon tasting with Trey Zoeller, of Jefferson’s Bourbon, at Jazz Night. Jefferson’s Bourbon is a collection of “Ridiculously Small Batch” straight whiskeys produced by skillfully marrying a selection of barrels of various ages. Founded over fifteen years ago by Trey Zoeller and his father Chet, a well-known bourbon historian, Jefferson’s Bourbon pays homage to the country’s Founding Father, Thomas Jefferson.
Winternational at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Cultural performance stage
- Gingerbread cookie decorating station
- Complimentary cookies, hot cocoa and apple cider
- Cultural exhibitors
Performers will include:
- Armand Ntep – African music
- Nazeeha Howard – Harpist
- Gallyce – African singer
- Asian Heritage Foundation “Flavors of Asia” Dancers
- Rafael Javadov – Russian classical harpist
Vietnamese Cooking Class with Spike Mendelsohn
A fierce Top Chef contestant, a DC restaurant darling, and a 918 F Street favorite, Spike Mendelsohn returns to 918 with a Vietnamese menu.
Don’t let his penchant for comfort food fool you, Spike knows his way around a few curries. Join this Vietnamese Cooking Class with Spike Mendelsohn and learn how to cook new twists on your favorite Vietnamese dishes in your own kitchen.
Bridge to Freedom Foundation Light The Way Gala
ACT to end human trafficking and empower survivors to lead thriving lives!
The Light the Way Gala is a great opportunity to aid our organization in helping survivors of modern slavery, while having a good time. Come and enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres at the amazing SunTrust Bank Penthouse (site of Greg’s List’s Great Gatsby Party!)
A silent auction will offer:
- A Family Trip to Disneyland for 4
- Professional Portrait Sessions from Sterling Portraits
- Private Portrait Session from McCall Doyle Photography
- Private Krav Maga Workshop presented by certified Krav Maga instructors
- Private Wine Tasting for 20 from Total Wine
- Private Wine Tasting for 4 from Chateau O’Brient at North Point
- A Cabot Cheese Gift Bag from Cabot Creamery Cooperative
- Massage Package from The Teal Center for Therapeutic Bodywork
- 2 Donated Paintings
- Beauty Gift Baskets
- Certificates for Family Law Services from The Geller Law Group
- 4 x 60 minute passes for Rebounderz
Capitol Impov invites you to meet at Hancock Park by L’Enfant Plaza Metro for a brief pre-ride meeting starting at 2PM and to release people into the metro thereafter for the ride.
If you want to continue the party, there will also be an afterparty at Level One / 30 Degreesnear the DuPont Circle Metro starting at 5pm for drinks, food, and no-pants fun.
Remember – the goal is to appear as if you had no idea that you were missing pants or that you knew but didn’t think it was a big deal.
Make sure you have a place to keep your pants on your person and hidden like a bag or backpack.
Also – if any figure of authority tells you to put your pants back on, do as they say. Unfortunately indecency laws are entirely subjective and while we haven’t had any major problems in the past, we’d like to keep on DC Metro’s good side so the event can continue for years to come.
See you at the park!
Facebook RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/240665672767726/