CUSTOM FIT TO SOLVE HUNGER
Capital Area Food Bank’s 12th Annual Blue Jeans Ball Strengthens Community Commitment to Solving Hunger on a Night Featuring Fashionable Denim
and Top Restaurants
April 26, 2015 at the New Marriott Marquis Hotel
What: Chef Co-Chairs Jeff Buben and Eric Ziebold, the area’s hottest restaurants and denim-clad guests will come together for the Washington metro region’s largest hunger relief organization. Ranked as one of the area’s top galas, the Blue Jeans Ball features tastings, live music, live and silent auctions, all to provide healthful meals to children, families and seniors struggling with hunger in D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia. Mazza Gallerie and The Shops at Wisconsin Place will host an exclusive fashion presentation with community models wearing the latest denim fashions. Bill Conway, founding partner of the Carlyle Group and founder of private charitable trust The Bedford Falls Foundation, will be recognized with the food bank’s 2015 Apple of Our Eye Award for his support of hunger issues in the region.
• Chef Co-Chairs: Jeff Buben, Chef/Owner of Vidalia, Bistro Bis, Woodward Table; Eric Ziebold, Chef/Owner of Kinship
• Participating restaurants include: Acadiana, Art and Soul, Boss Shepherd’s, City Perch Kitchen + Bar, Del Campo, Ghibellina, Kinship, Jack Rose Dining Saloon, Rogue 24, The Source by Wolfgang Puck, Table and Vidalia/Bistro Bis/Woodward Table. For a complete list of restaurants, visit capitalareafoodbank.org/blue-jeans-ball
• Bill Conway, Bedford Falls Foundation, 2015 Apple of Eye Award Recipient
• Media partners ABC7/WJLA-TV and News Channel 8; Edible DC
• Mazza Gallerie and The Shops at Wisconsin Place
• Live entertainment by The Elastic Waist Band and DJ John Jazz
• Nancy Roman, CAFB President & CEO
• CAFB Board of Directors
• Live and silent auctions including vacation get-aways, autographed sports memorabilia, restaurant packages and much more
When: Sunday, April 26, 2015 ~ 6 pm, cocktails and silent auction; 7 pm, tastings and live auction;
9 – 10 pm live music and dancing.
Where: Marriott Marquis Hotel
901 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001
How: Standing reservation — $200; Seated reservation — $300
• Sponsorships are available to individuals or organizations at various levels.
• To purchase a ticket or become an event sponsor, visit capitalareafoodbank.org/blue-jeans-ball
Why: The Capital Area Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in the Washington metro area serving over 530,000 people through direct food distribution programs and a network of 500 food assistance partners. This year, the Capital Area Food Bank distributed 42 million pounds of food – the equivalent of 35 million meals –including 17.5 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables.